Sep 17, 2010

Obsessions

Obsessions 1: Burberry. I would love nothing more than to be part of Burberry's autumn winter 2010 modeling cast. How fabulously androgynous do they all look? (And what beautiful men! drool) The clothing in the new line is astounding as well. I adore how they have kept so true to their heritage and still manage something new every season.  A lot of it has to do with how playful they are with their textile selections. My favorites? The Burberry Prorsum brushed sheepskin coat and python thigh high boots. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of Burberry's use of animal products but I can't help it; i love the luxury of fur and leather.  
Burberry FALL 2010 Ad

Burberry FALL 2010 Ad
The advert pics courtesy of Vogue Report. You should check out their post about Burberry's new interactive ad campaign as well.

Obsession 2: Dominic Jones.
He was featured in this month's Elle and his jewllery designs are breathtaking and wonderfully edgy. All of his inspirations come directly from nature, the little critters in it in particular, and he utilizes the symmetry brilliantly. My favorite is the crocodile jaw cuff:
Unfortunately I cannot find where it is sold and his website isn't wanting to work on my computer. I think an Internet Explorer update is in order.  However a few of his pieces can be found on Net-a-porter; I am salivating over the fang necklace and claw ring in particular. Now I just need to be out of college and have a marvelously high paid job so I can afford them :) You should also check out Dominic's blog. It is full of his random inspirations and updates on his business.  Photos via Elle.

Obsession 3: GQ
The articles are awesome and the letter from the editor never fails to be thought provoking and hilarious simultaneously. Not to mention it's full of beautiful and well groomed men. Their fashion week photo journal is is fantastic and their website is fabulous if you can't subscribe to the magazine!  Well that is it for now!

1 comment: